Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international non profit organization that promotes responsible sourcing of materials from the forests in the world in order to protect environment, and sets standards under which forests and companies are certified.
Through FSC accredited certification body, forest owners and/or business entity that are certification holder of FSC Forest Management (FM), FSC Chain of Custody (CoC) or FSC Controlled wood (CW) certifications are annually audited.
Biomass Fuel Vietnam has been certified to FSC CoC & CW on 09.04.2021, and this certificate is valid until 08.04.2026.
Scope of certificate
Certificate type: Single Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood
Certificate registration code
FSC License Code
Please visit FSC website for more information on our status as FSC holder.
Biomass Fuel Vietnam is currently working on FSC FM project as a representative of the group certification and aims to expand area of FSC FM certified forest within the region in coming years to commit supplying sustainable biomass to our customers and promoting rigid forest management system in Vietnam.
Biomass Fuel Vietnam is committed to FSC values as defined in FSC-POL-01-004 that BMFV is not directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
In addition, BMFV is also committed to occupational health and safety (OHAS). At a minimum, BMFV appoints an OHAS representative, establishes and implements procedures adequate to its size and complexity, and trains its staff on OHAS.