Biomass Fuel Vietnam (BMFV) is committed to FSC values as defined in FSC-POL-01-004 that BMFV is not directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
- violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
- destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
- significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
In addition, BMFV is also committed to occupational health and safety (OHAS). At a minimum, BMFV appoints an OHAS representative, establishes and implements procedures adequate to its size and complexity, and train its staff on OHAS.